Receive email notifications
If you did not select email notification when you signed up for a library card, it is possible to sign up at anytime.
How do I sign up for email notifications?
If you choose to receive email notifications, any library notice that is currently sent by postcard will be replaced with an e-mail message. Email notifications for reserves and items overdue are a great way to get information fast, privately, and also help the library save money on postage and to be more environmentally friendly.
- Go to my account
- You will be prompted to fill in two blanks, your 10-digit library card number, and PIN. Click login.
- Select and click on Profile from the menu.
- Scroll down to E-mail information. Enter the e-mail address where you want to receive your library notices If you already have an e-mail address entered, double check to make sure that the email address is correct. Enter any corrections or changes.
- Click UPDATE
- THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP FOR FINAL ACTIVATION: Visit your favorite HSPLS public library and ask them to activate e-mail notifications for your account. You will be asked to show your library card (or digital library card using the Hawaii Mobile App) and provide your PIN. This process is designed to protect you and ensure that no one else misuses your library card account.
Privacy and e-mail notification
Library records are considered private and confidential. E-mail messages will contain your name and item titles. HSPLS will not sell, lease, or otherwise distribute or disclose your email address for non-library purposes to outside parties unless required by law. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that the information sent in the email notification message(s) is secure once it leaves our servers.
Hm. I’m not getting my email notifications?
If you are not receiving email notifications, please check the following.
- Did you sign up via the HSPLS website?
- Did you visit your favorite HSPLS public library to activate?
If you answered no to either of these questions, make sure you follow the steps above.
If you answered yes to both of these questions, please…
- Go online to my account or visit the library and check to make sure the correct email address is entered.
- Check your email spam or junk mail folder. Sometimes email filters that are designed to save us from unwanted email catch the library’s email notifications and trap them before they get to you.
If you have tried these two things, and you are still are not receiving notifications, please call or visit with library staff for assistance.