Loan policies and returns
- Eligible patrons who borrow materials from the library accept responsibility for using materials with reasonable care, and returning them to the lending agency according to established loan policies.
- The loan period for books and magazines in all formats is 4 weeks.
- No fines for overdue books/materials will be levied; however, patrons are urged to return materials on time so they can be available for other patrons.
- If materials or equipment are defective or in the wrong container, please contact LBPH.
- Make sure that any books/materials, magazines, or equipment returned meets the FREE MATTER postal regulations.
- When mailing materials, please turn over the address card in book container pocket, and make sure the library’s address is facing up
- Please indicate on the address card if the book is defective and whether you want another copy sent.
- Do not remove any other cards in the book container pocket.
- If you wish to change your mailing schedule or the number of books you wish to receive, please notify LBPH so we can follow your instructions.
- For patrons who request books “On Demand,” books will be sent only when you instruct LBPH to do so.
- For those using the “On Demand” option, when you send a request list to LBPH, please indicate on the list how many books you would like sent at one time.
- For those using the “Turnaround” option, return each book as you finish reading it. Returning all the books at one time will result in your receiving only 1 book in return.
Postal regulations “Free matter for the blind and handicapped”
- Library materials and special equipment are sent via “FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND OR HANDICAPPED” to eligible patrons. These items should be returned in the same manner.
- Letters qualify for postage free mailing ONLY if the following apply:
- The sender is blind or a qualified physically handicapped individual.
- The letter is unsealed.
- The letter is in a form usable by blind or physically handicapped persons, i.e. braille, 14-point or larger type, or in a recorded format.
- Do not send handwritten letters or letters in standard type via “FREE MATTER…”
- Do not place any correspondence to the library in the containers or boxes. Contact us by phone.