Get a new library card
It’s easy to get a new library card.
How do I get a card?
- Download, print, and complete the Library Card Application (or get one at your local branch)
- Bring the completed application and proper identification* to any one branch of the Hawaii State Public Library System
- Our staff will create a library card for you that can be used immediately!
- Adults must present a valid photo ID and proof of mailing address if it is not listed on the ID.
- Minors (under 18) must have their application co-signed by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must present a current ID and proof of mailing address.
Who can get one? Anyone!
Residents, military personnel and their dependents
|Card renewal (every 5 years)||FREE
|5 year non-resident card||$25.00
|5 year non-resident card renewal||$25.00
|5 year non-resident card replacement||$5.00
|3 month non-resident card||$10.00
|3 month non-resident card renewal||$10.00
|3 month non-resident card replacement||$5.00
Fines for ALL card holders
|Maximum fine threshold|
You will not be able to use your library card if you have fines, fees, or charges of $10.00 or more.
One card, endless possibilities!
The second you have your card you can…
And so much more!